Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sugar is Sweet

Congrats, Utes! Yes, I am a Cougar, but hey, I grew up in Salt Lake County, and root for the U, too. I've been dancing all day in anticipation of this announcement. The Utes are coming to New Orleans--how cool is that?

Apparently, Hyrum remembers me promising him that I would take him to the Sugar Bowl if our team ever got there. I had to remind him that I said if BYU got there I would take him. Never said anything about Utah. Hyrum understands, of course. Besides, the thought of Hyum and me gallivanting about New Orleans amidst enthusiastic football fans is surely enough to give my poor deployed husband a stroke.

But that can't stop me from dreaming. Let's see, we could stay in Baton Rouge and go to the temple, then go to the game . . .

GO UTES!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Here's a plan, we could take the kids to the game, but just tailgate from a rented Taurus and cook burgers and cheer for Utah no matter what the color. I'll check airfare and parking prices and call you on Monday! I REALLY need to see you, Sis (and Mom).

Staceroo said...

My family is planning on coming from Utah to go to the game and we'll probably go with them. I'm glad I can see some red peeking through your blue! :)

Stefanie said...

That would be so cool if you guys got to go. Even more cool if we met you guys there. Now that really wouldn't happen. :) It's always good to dream...

Unknown said...

I am so disappointed in you, Becca. You can't support the Utes and the Cougars. That goes against the laws of nature. I hate to have to say it to you, but....GO CRIMSON TIDE!!