We decided that going to New Orleans would be a little crazy, but we did end up in Baton Rouge for the big game. Mom and I were each able to spend some time in the BR Temple. It was so, so nice to be there. Thanks, Mom, for watching the kids so I could do a session. When Mom and the kids picked me up, Friday night, she said the Utes were up 21 to 0. For the first time, I allowed myself to believe that they could actually win. After the kids were tucked in bed, Mom and I enjoyed every minute of watching history in the making.
One of my favorite parts was the hand-made sign waving in the crowd which read:
Gonna be
Low Tide
in the BayoU
Low Tide, indeed.
2 comments:
Wasn't it amazing! We had a great party with family, friends and all the kids. So far, it's been the highlight of 2009.
How great you got to go to the temple. I love that your mom is able to be here with you through this deployment.
Post a Comment