Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thank You! (9/2/08)

Thanks to everyone for your prayers. I believe that Gustav's shrinking was a direct result of many prayers.

We're unscathed. We didn't even loose power. (Another reason why I'm glad we live on the Army post. Surrounding homes did loose power, but will be up, again, soon.) We're in the process of checking on others in our congregation, and I suspect we'll be sending Mark and extra food to others in our stake boundaries and beyond. (A stake is like a Catholic diocese. Ours covers central Louisiana: from Texas into Mississippi, from Natchitoches to Opelousas.)

One of the things I was least excited about when we found out we were coming here was the threat of hurricanes, especially knowing that Rita had hit our parish (county) pretty hard. I'm thankful to have come through this weekend with confidence that a Rita-size storm, or one bigger, would be doable for our family. Even if Mark is deployed. That's a darn good feeling.

1 comment:

Jodi Loveland said...

So glad to hear that all is well!
We were watching news about the hurricane on TV and the boys came in to watch with us. After awhile I told them they could watch something else. Brian defiantly said, "NO!" When I asked him why he told me, "Because we need to learn all about it." Silly kids!!