
My cousin, Stefanie, was right on the money when my
niece-in-utero's name reminded her of Steel Magnolias. Yes, Shelby Nichole Goulding is being named after Shelby Eatenton and my beautiful sister-in-law, Hollie Nichole.
So here's what I almost wrote about in my last post . . . the author of Steel Magnolias based the play (and the movie) on life in his Louisiana hometown of Natchitoches. (Pronounced NA-ka-tish.) The movie was also filmed in Natchitoches, which is just over an hour from where we live. It's a really fun town to visit. The picture above is the Eatenton house from the movie, now a bed and breakfast.
We made a Natchitoches run before they took down the famous Christmas lights. Here's Mom and the kids on Front Street next to the horse that pulled our carriage around town.
Notice the cobblestone street.
Just beyond this wrought iron fence is the slope where they filmed the Easter egg hunt scene . . .
Here are the kids enjoying the lights . . .
We'll have to make a bleedin' armadillo cake before we move.

Maybe we'll wait and make one for Shelby Nichole's Mr. Right.
4 comments:
Well, just call me a meber of the drive-by media. Got my facts mixed up. See Hollie's comment under "Pink!" . . .
Funny. :)
We'll still make Shelby an armadillo cake.
Fun picts. Thanks!!!
I almost wrote, "Steel Magnolias, isn't that that boring movie about a bunch of ladies in a small town that gossip for 2 hours?", but then decided not to. : )
Hyrum, was the horse nibbling on your hair? : )
Thanks Grammy for all you are doing w/ the kids and Rebecca. We love you!!
-Mark
I am so jealous that you got to see where one of my FAVORITE movies of all time was filmed.
Yes for sure we need to master the art of the armadillo cake before Shelby gets married LOL
I bet Cousin Kristin could do it she is a wonderful baker.
That is hilarious! I love the cake. It does look like a fun little town to visit.
I don't like the movie but only because it makes me bawl - not in a pretty way, either, very embarrassing.
Post a Comment