Thursday, July 31, 2008

Church Steeple Contest Finalists

Wow, two postings in a row by Mark... that’s pretty scary.

We hope we’re not showing off our kids too much with this, but we are very excited and proud that both Ruthie and Lily have made it to the finals of the church's "New Church Steeples Contest for Kids".

As you probably already know, the church’s new chapels are being built with a new/different-shaped steeple. The church has invited all children around the world to send in their ideas for steeple shapes, the winner will be awarded $1,000 toward their mission fund and their winning steeple shape will be used in all future chapel buildings.

Unfortunately, Hyrum's submission was turned down, "Too short," they wrote back. "We want our new chapels' steeples to give a feeling of heaven-bound and upward gaze. While we appreciate your son’s submission, his short spiky hair looks like an upside down football cleat—definitely not the look we are searching for. So sorry, but keep growing that hair and resubmit." We hope Hyrum's birthday gift, Rogaine, will arrive by the 28th of August.

Anyone interested in submitting their own child's idea can go to http://www.steeples4kids.org/. It’s a great opportunity to enhance your child’s creativity, while supporting the construction of new chapels—and it leaves your child's hair smelling heavenly.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

When Mark took me out the first time, I remember realizing how funny he is. (Already knew he was handsome, kind, on-the-ball, etc.)

Thanks, Dear, for the good laugh and for sparking good memories.

And for bathing the girls, tonight.

Kelly said...

You crack me up! I actually clicked on the link to see other steeple ideas. DUH me.

Cute kids.

Rebecca said...

Yah, I clicked on it, too. Almost eleven years and I still can't always tell when he's kidding. He's a sly one . . .

Unknown said...

You really had me going until the football cleat remark. It's no wonder Becca picked you... smarties seems to congregate.

Amanda said...

That is really cute. And I am glad I read the other comments before I tried to click on the "link". Mark, you are a very entertaining writer. Keep the stories coming.

Anonymous said...

I love the steeples...and the "Churches" they sit upon.
Please give Hyrum's "cleats" a good rub for me, and give hugs all around. I love y'all. Mom/Grammy : )