Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hyrum's Frog


Written by
Hyrum and Daddy:

------
"There once was a frog
Who lived on a log."
-
"He got swept away
By a boy one day."
-
"Catch and release
was the phrase of the day."
-
"And within minutes
the frog hopped away."

Living in the South presents the wonderful opportunity to learn first-hand about many new and exciting varmints and creatures including lizards, toads, geckos, and snakes...but this week we experienced hyla cinerea, AKA "the green tree frog" and "Georgia's official state amphibian".

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh yes. Denton finds toads all over. And tells me all the time, "Mom, I love frogs."
I have been amazed at the wild life around here. Although I have heard that you guys have more snakes.
I like Hyrum's poem.

Kelly said...

Hyrum,
I was talking to your Mom on the phone when you found your frog and I was wondering what he looked like. Thanks for sharing his picture. Your poem is really good. Thanks for sharing that too.

Unknown said...

The look on Hyrum's face says it all. Ahh boys ya gotta love them!!

Rebecca said...

Great post, boys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome poem, and the fun picture! It remindes me of the little toads that were on your window sill when I visited you last November.
I love you,
Mom/Grammy : )