Thank you so much Auntie Becca. Dave actually came up with the name Shelby but ever since seeing one of my favorite movies Steel Magnolias I have always lOVED that name. We are so excited and cannot wait to see if she will have red hair just like her daddy and like Julia Robert's character Shelby
Okay, now that I've read other's comments on how they liked Steel Magnolia, I feel a little (as my dad would say, "Sheeeeepish", for saying the movie was boring...but only a little "sheeeepish". : )
The name Shelby is beautiful!
Congratulations to Hollie and Dave and Jackson!! Keep us posted.
Hollie, Steel Magnolias for some reason reminded me of Anne of Green Gables--the *real* best movie--I'm thinking the next time we're in Utah, we need to sponsor a Anne of GG Marathon evening...what do you think?
I'll come to Mark's Anne of Green Gables Marathon. Let me know when it is. I just watched it with Emma for her first time and we both cried when Matthew died. I also cried at Steel Magnolias.
I don't know you from Adam but seriously... You like Anne of GG?? Those were (well, the first two anyway) my favorite movies growing up. I wonder if I could get Colt to sit and watch them with me??
Who knows, every time I put Private Eyes in the player he falls asleep when the two are headed to the mansion, about 6 minutes into the movie. That's a classic, his loss!!!
Mark's Favorite Quote of the Day, or Month or Year
"By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder -- infinitely prouder -- to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys. The one has the potentiality of death; the other embodies creation and life. And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle field but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father Who Art in Heaven.'" - General Douglas MacArthur
15 March 2008. Mark in the field. Hyrum on spring break. Girls napping. Rebecca exhausted.
I told Hyrum to entertain himself while I took a nap, too. "Read, watch tv, do whatever you want, just don't burn the house down." When I woke up, I found him at the dining table creating stuff out of paper, tape, etc. "Thanks for entertaining yourself, how did you do?"
"Bless my heart," he said, "I was so bored."
RuthieSpeak, 22 March 2008
"My dad is going to be the new apostle and the new President." (Of the United States, that is.)
7 comments:
Shelby, what a pretty name for a girl! It reminds me of Steel Magnolias, what a good movie...
Congrats, Auntie!
Thank you so much Auntie Becca.
Dave actually came up with the name Shelby but ever since seeing one of my favorite movies Steel Magnolias I have always lOVED that name.
We are so excited and cannot wait to see if she will have red hair just like her daddy and like Julia Robert's character Shelby
Okay, now that I've read other's comments on how they liked Steel Magnolia, I feel a little (as my dad would say, "Sheeeeepish", for saying the movie was boring...but only a little "sheeeepish". : )
The name Shelby is beautiful!
Congratulations to Hollie and Dave and Jackson!! Keep us posted.
Hollie, Steel Magnolias for some reason reminded me of Anne of Green Gables--the *real* best movie--I'm thinking the next time we're in Utah, we need to sponsor a Anne of GG Marathon evening...what do you think?
Congratulations to you guys!!!
I'll come to Mark's Anne of Green Gables Marathon. Let me know when it is. I just watched it with Emma for her first time and we both cried when Matthew died. I also cried at Steel Magnolias.
Mark-
I am all for your Anne of Green Gables marathon I have it on DVD and all we need is you and the popcorn!
Mark -
I don't know you from Adam but seriously... You like Anne of GG?? Those were (well, the first two anyway) my favorite movies growing up. I wonder if I could get Colt to sit and watch them with me??
Who knows, every time I put Private Eyes in the player he falls asleep when the two are headed to the mansion, about 6 minutes into the movie. That's a classic, his loss!!!
Post a Comment